Welcome to the Shelter Extravaganza!!! Drabble Tree!
For those of you who have never participated in a Drabble Tree before, and as a refresher for those who have . . .The Rules:
1. Your drabble should revolve around characters from the movie Shelter, but any character/pairing, genre, and rating are allowed.
2. All drabbles should be between 100-300 words long.
3. All drabbles must be posted as a comment to this post.
4. Choose a word, phrase or line from any previous drabble and reply to that drabble
in the comments (thereby creating the tree effect).
5. Bold the text you’re ‘sharing’ with another drabble.
6. As a kindness to our readers, please include the following in your subject line: Character/Pairing and Rating. (If you use a journal style that does not allow for subject lines, then please include this information as the first line in your comment.)
7. The Drabble Tree will be open for the entire Extravaganza!!! period, from today through Wednesday, May 16, so please keep coming back to check it out!
8. Do not feedback on the drabbles here as that screws up the tree effect.
9. Have fun! *g*
A drabble to start us off - Zach/Shaun, PG13:
Zach stretched, the sun shining through the open window warming his old bones. Not that he would admit to getting older. Zach rolled over, his body instinctively finding Shaun’s. When he opened his eyes, Shaun was watching him with a fond smile.
“How long have you been awake?”
“Not long,” Shaun said. “You wore me out earlier.”
Zach wrapped an arm around Shaun’s shoulder, threw a leg over both of Shaun’s. “Feel like getting worn out some more?” he asked, voice going husky at the mere thought of having Shaun under him, inside him, all around him.
Shaun slid his hand up Zach’s back. “You have the best ideas.”
A loud crash from the living room was followed by Cody’s voice calling, “We’re fine! Nothing broke!”
Zach giggled into Shaun’s shoulder, and Shaun had to bury his face in Zach’s neck to hide his own laughter. When they drew back, though, there were tears shining in both their eyes.
“Did you think this would ever happen?” Zach whispered to Shaun, his fingers playing with the hair Shaun had grown out, even though there were traces of gray in it. “That we’d be together this long. That we’d still be so happy.”
Shaun studied Zach’s face. He pressed a kiss to Zach’s lips and then lay his forehead against Zach’s. Shaun simply said, “Yes.”
Before Zach could respond the way he wanted to, the door was thrown open. “Grandpa, Papa! Daddy says it’s time for you to get up!”
“We’re hungry!” a second voice chimed in.
Two little boys with pointy knees climbed onto the bed and over Zach and Shaun.
Zach glanced at the doorway, where Cody stood smirking at them. “Yeah, Grandpa, Papa, we’re hungry.”
Zach looked at Shaun over their grandsons' heads, and they shared a happy smile.
Now it’s your turn! Please, join us, and spread the love. *g*